Our Winter Retreats are ideal for youth groups who want to grow together but also want options.
We have LOTS to do and have built in time for YOUR group to do your own thing. Big Chill makes things EASY for you because it is all planned and ready to go- all you have to do is get the teens here and then enjoy and grow with them. More speaker info and details to come.
Big Chill 1: February 3-5, 2023 with speaker: Ryan Bettinger
- Ryan has been in ministry since 2000. He grew up at Northline Church and has spent his entire pastoral career there, serving as the student pastor from 2000-2004 and lead pastor from 2004-present.
Big Chill 2: February 10-12, 2023 with speaker: Pastor Jory Trim
- Jory serves at the Associate Pastor of Youth at Trinity Baptist Church. He grew up at Trinity and later God called him to serve on staff. He has faithfully led the youth at Trinity for 17 years.
*Big Chill 2 – Family Option* Experience a taste of Family Camp in the Winter!
Big Chill 3: February 17-19, 2023 with speaker: Micah Williams
- Micah is Youth Director at Central Detroit Christian, one of Michawana’s Partner Organizations. Micah grew up in a Christian home and felt the call to serve in Central Detroit. He works with middle and high schoolers in mentoring, events, and teaching the Word. Relatable and hard-hitting, Micah brings what teens need to hear!
Individuals and Groups Welcome!
We’re close, convenient and affordable.
What you can expect:
Solid Bible teaching from a trusted speaker
Breakout sessions and small group discussion time
Broom ball tournament
Carpet ball & ping pong
Coffee, hot cocoa and snacks from the Trading Post
Students – $100
Chaperones – $60
Groups of 10 or more receive $5 off each camper registration fee.
Youth Leaders follow the instructions below
to register your group:
- Call 269-623-5168 to set up group payment options and a discount code
- Instruct each person attending to register online selecting “Group Member” and entering your discount code
Groups of 10 or more can enjoy a group discount and registration. We will work with your group leader to establish group size and payment options.
Determining group size: Group leader will provide an estimate number for their group. That many spaces will be reserved for you. 2 weeks before the retreat Group Leaders will need to turn in a group guaranteed minimum number. Your group will be responsible for payment of the agreed upon minimum number. You can call at any time to add to your numbers (based on availability).
Determining Group Payment Options: Group leaders can choose between paying as a group (Leader collects the money and brings it to camp as one payment) or each student/leader paying online. EITHER way, all students and leaders need to register online (if paying as a group, your group code will make the total $0 online).
Call (269) 623-5168 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To Register as an Individual:
- Click the [Register Now] button and create an account to log in
- Under [Start a New Application] select [Big Chill Winter Retreat]
- Follow the prompts through the registration process and choose “individual” on the registration form.
Call 269-623-5168 or email email@example.com with any questions
We want to provide a Camp Michawana experience for all kids, regardless of financial circumstances or uncertainty. Scholarships are made possible by the generous gifts of individuals and organizations. To be considered for a scholarship please fill out the scholarship request form online or print and mail it to 5800 Head Lake Rd, Hastings, MI 49058
Scholarship requests must be submitted at least two weeks before your child(s) camp start date.